We assist Curtin Sarawak’s international students to open savings accounts with Maybank*, the largest bank and financial group in Malaysia. For your convenience a Maybank ATM is also located on campus in the Main Building at Heron 1.
You will be able to receive funds transfers from home into your Maybank account here in Miri. There are several mechanisms for this including Telegraphic Transfer and Moneygram Money Transfers. The staff at the bank will explain your options to you in detail.
OPENING AN ACCOUNT
To open an account, you will need:
- To fill out the Personal Information Form (available at the International Division Office)
- A copy of your Offer Letter from the university
- A copy of the Confirmation Letter you received from the university
- A photocopy of your passport (Make sure you have copies of both the front page (which includes your personal information and photograph) as well as the page with your Malaysian Student Visa.
- Your Original passport (for verification purposes)
- Cash for your initial deposit. The minimum required amount is RM250.00.
If you need any assistance, please contact:
Mr. Awang Madhi Bin Awang Haddy
International Division Officer
Tel: +60 85-445099 (Office), +60 19-8558867 (Mobile)
Location: Prinia 1 (GP401).Ground Floor