Health Insurance for International Students
As an international student at Curtin Malaysia and bonded by Malaysian Immigration Laws & Regulations, you are covered by the University’s comprehensive Group Hospitalisation & Surgical Insurance Plan, currently operated by AXA AFFIN General Insurance Berhad.
About Your Health Insurance
Coverage under the Group Hospitalisation & Surgical Insurance Plan is offered at a very competitive annual premium of RM850.00 per student. Annual premium is applicable for all actively enrolled international students below 65 years of age.
You will be issued a medical care which provides the benefit of hospital admission and out-patient clinical treatments.
Group Hospital & Surgical Insurance (GHS)
Please be advised that you will no longer be provided a physical card for your medical insurance. The new insurance e-card is to be downloaded as per the instructions below.
What does it mean for You?
You would be able to check the details of your medical coverage provided by AXA insurance such as your entitlement, utilization record, limit balance and nearest panel clinic and hospital.
How can I get the apps?
Please download and use the e-Medical Card via MiCare mobile app, MyMed, from the App Store or Google Play Store. The login as per below:
Step 1: Download MiCare MyMed app
Step 2: Please key in as per example in picture
User ID: CURT+PASSPORTwithoutdash
Password: DDMMYYYY (date of birth)
Tick “remember my username”
Frequently Ask Questions (FAQs)
1. E-Medical Card Vs Physical Medical Card – What’s the difference?
The e-medical card is an online copy that is made available via mobile apps platform to the user once the MyMed app is downloaded and account is activated following the instruction from the announcement. The physical medical card is a hardcopy format of the same.
2. How do I use the e-medical card?
Similarly, to the physical medical card, the e-medical card, along with Passport, needs to be shown at the panel clinic and hospital for verification.
3. Can I use the E-Medical Card offline?
Yes, kindly save a screenshot copy to do so.
4. Where can I get a list of the panel hospital?
You can view the list using MiCare’s mobile app, MyMed, or call the following 24-hour alarm centre to enquire about your nearest available panel clinic and hospital: 1300 88 9911 / 03 7839 7200
For enquiries, kindly contact International Student Office:
Telephone: 085-630 100 extensions 2565 OR 2697 OR 019 855 8867
- Please kindly provide below documents:
- Original Claim Form (Print out the form or get it from International Student Office)
- Original Invoice
- Original Receipt
- A copy of doctor report (if any, or to fill up the one at Claim Form at page 2)
- Once complete, submit all required original documents to International Student Office
- Visit panel clinics to get treatment instead of the hospitals. Only visit hospitals in the event of an Emergency (‘Emergency’ shall mean Treatment needed between the hours of 12 am and 6 am or in the event whereby immediate medical attention is required within twelve (12) hours for Injury, Illness or symptoms which are sudden and severe failing which will be life-threatening (such as accident and heart attack), or lead to significant deterioration of health permanently.)
- Visit non-panel clinics and hospitals only when referred by the panel clinic (with referral letter)
Kindly drop by at the International Student Office at Heron 1, Ground Floor, Curtin Malaysia or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further inquiries.